What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hauptkorper ?

wilecoyote

some time ago I've buyed this item at a lower price than the current post-war price _
inside the inner channel I've found the fabric pictured in #1 and #2 jpg.,(this fabric burns quite well)_ reputable Members of another vintage gun site says that the stampings " 745 40 SS " aren't legit, and I have good reasons to trust them (no waffenamt on this tool !) BUT:
1) I never have seen this suspension ring at the end of the handle on other specimens, and that puzzles me a bit_
2) the ochre/yellow color is quite appropriate for the italian theater_
3) on my book, if I should fake something with bogus SS markings, I would have the tools & the knowledge to apply some WaA around, too, and I would ask a higher price, of course_
I say that with the highest respect of the first judges of this crimping tool : one of them has advised me to try in THIS forum_
Any info about that, and/or about real SS-branded pliers, if ever existed, will be welcomed_
if other pictures are needed, I will try_
Thanks to all !

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 20
  • a (1).jpg
    a (1).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 20