What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

having problems with GB dealer XM17728

Bought and paid for claymore set from GB dealer XM17728 on Nov 8th. Item not here. Anyone else having trouble with this dealer. His phone is disconnected and he WILL NOT answer emails. Right now I am just a bit TICKED. He still has other claymore sets up for sale so you might think twice about this one....Pissed in Marissa....Dano

Hi Dano

The Shipping may take a very long time between Europe and the USA.

My record : 2 month (economic shipping perhaps with the boat )
But ever keeping contact between the buyer & the seller.

regards

I just emailed him on both the claymores he has with some stupid questions. We'll see if he answers me. Also the one bidder on one of his claymores is a NR- not rated buyer, and a member for 4 days since 11/20/2010.

I looked at this guys stats also, and he has only been a buyer on GB, he has no sales. He's a Member since 12-27-08, so been there almost 2 years, but yet has only 6 feedbacks.

Along with what you have said, it sounds a little fishy Dano. But he may be just a person who does not know how to communicate properly.

How did you pay him and how much if you do not mind?
Did he contact you when you made payment to him?

Last edited:
Not at all Steve. Postal money order, 214.00 with shipping and yes you bet I let him know. GB says no foul until 21 days have expired, but the way I do business I ship the exact day I get payment. this is what I call the human factor. Every thing I have bought or sold on GB has been handled in short order. I have stated more than once I will not become someones bitch just to buy ordnance. Maybe that is a bit strong, but I feel the way I feel. I have missed out on some prime stuff because of my refusal to "bend over" rule. But I guess that's me....Dano

Well he(XM17728) only has 6 feedbacks and all are transactions in which he was the buyer and not the seller. He may just not yet know how to be professional with the selling aspect.

Not that it helps at this point(sorry) but I wouldnt have placed a bid based on his short history. The feedback and history of a user means everything and you must consider it. Did you try contacting him in advance of bidding? Sometimes that will help you feel a new seller out and based on that, you may feel more or less confident about bidding on their item.

I will cross my fingers for you Dano, but if it doesn't work out, just remember that it happens to us all once in a while and it could always be worse. And you will need an early practice Claymore anyway, one of the M18 or M18A1 types that were made as practice types. Those are the ones that are the real deal with ball bearings. The later blue plastic ones like XM is selling are just not the same and are full of scrap metal.

Last edited:
I meant Did "He" contact you that he got payment properly?
No Steve, have received no contact from the @#%^. I email him every day and get a tad bit more (pushy) with each mail. I only got ripped off once before and that was on ebay from a dealer from France. 200.00 is not the end of the world but my old man raised me not to let people take advantage, so one way or another I will get my pound of flesh. I know after the 21 days expire that gun broker will be like ebay and maybe ban the guy, but in my opinion they should send a big F____r over to his house to politely collect. If I don't get it, i'll not buy another because in my mind I already paid for one and I will exhaust all resources to collect. Oh hell, the ramblings of a mad man, and just like 95% of the public I will probably just blow it off. And Justin, I guess I did learn a lesson about checking feedback(s). This is the only sour GB deal i've ever had. EVERYONE else has ben exemplary...Dano

Wheres he at??? You could always sic the goombas on em,,,adjust his leg bones."said with a heavy NewYork gangster accent""

Wheres he at??? You could always sic the goombas on em,,,adjust his leg bones."said with a heavy NewYork gangster accent""
Lou, I like your style, I'm sure one day when my Claymore shows up i'll laugh about it, but let me tell you right now I am not laughing. Never had any trouble on GB and this one just does not wash. I mean I don't want him dead (yet) but yes a slight "tune up" may be in order. Not me mind you because I will need an alibi!!! Dano

I'd start off with a salvo at his feedback for now. Just facts. No feelings.
May stop him from doing this some more.

Proper time has gone by where GB says it is okay to give negative feedback which I did (tore him a new one). I just out and out got ripped off for 200.00+ and not happy. Just wanted to let members know not to deal with this particular dealer....Dano

Dano, there is no way for recover the money?
No Miguel, I don't think so. Gun Broker makes it clear that they are not responsible and you proceed at your own risk. I may get the goods some day, for all I know the dealer may be in jail or incompacitated in some form. He still has other sets on the auction block. Gun Broker did on my behalf what they could do which ws to try to contact him themselves. They told me give him 2 days then give negative feedback. Unfortunate as it is I guess the law of averages dictate that you may eventually get burnt. Kind of beside myself right now because this guy never answered one of my numerous emails and appears to be in the wind...Dano

200 bucks. That sucks, big time.
Yep Slick, Really sucks. Not to sound too cliche but I feel violated. I hope Miguel is right and maybe there is good reason for everything. I don't have a ton of bread and I know myself, to the point that i'll never have a Claymore set because I would feel as though I paid twice. I did this deal 1/2 assed, as in sent the money before any contact was established because, well that's just the way I do things. I did not read his feedback, and did not establish contact before I paid. I am as trusting as they come. It would be cool if the package arrived tomorrow then I could contact the guy and apologize till i'm blue in the face and have a sighing type laugh. As much business as I have done over the years this is only the second time I got ripped off so I guess in a way I am lucky. On a positive note, just pulled off a major trade and have some choice Vietnam U.S. stuff coming which includes a very nicely stenciled m67 which is just bitchin'. Enough of my babble, all have a nice evening....Dano

Last edited:
Dano,

Since you paid with a USPS Money Order, I would file a fraud report (Failure to provide merchandise) with the USPS Postal Inspectors: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx

Also a possibility that if the money order was never cashed, could it be considered lost / stolen and a request for refund issued?

It may or may not help, however you have nothing to lose at this point and I would exhaust every available avenue before giving up on a possible refund.

Stay safe,

Frank