What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

head stamp markings

westyork123

Recently I have been listing all the different markings I come across on every Cart case I have in my collection, including maker marks etc. I just wondered if anybody else has there own lists or if somewhere on the forum there is a list of head stamp markings. Any offers of a good source of head stamp IDs is welcome!
My I main interest is larger calibre marking, not small arms however ALL suggestions and help is welcome and appreciated!!

Cheers Matt

Headstamps

For small arms the best headstamp listing is that on the International Ammunition Associations web site here:

http://cartridgecollectors.org/headstampcodes.htm

There are a couple of .303 headstamp lists on the net but they have a lot of errors.

I don't know of any good on-line artillery headstamp lists though.

Regards
TonyE

HI Matt,
www.igman.com do a fairly good headstamp id,you type in the manufactures part of the headstamp and it searches their own site or the web for it, and finds it, I would say about 95% of the time and gives you the country of origin,manufactures name and address.
Cheers
Tony