What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HEAT round?

jimmybocn

Hi all, I know this is a long shot but would anyone have any idea what type of missile this may have been,,
I found this lump of molten metal, on a battlefield in the Falklands in 2007, I know a number of heat rounds were fired during the battle could this be what is left of one,
maybe from a 3.5inch rocket launcher, (M20) but this is a guess, I would appreciate any input on this,,bye for now Jimmy
http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/antiarmor/M20.html

Attachments

• SDC14474.jpg
    SDC14474.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 48
  • SDC14475.jpg
    SDC14475.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 54
  • argiemarinesdh8.jpg
    argiemarinesdh8.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 60
There is another thread somewhere on this forum that deals with the same or very similar items.
I doubt your item is any part of a HEAT round as the only item that survives the effective operation of a HEAT round is the copper slug that is produced by the explosion, the rest of the projectile simply fragments.
Could your Aluminium blob possibly be part of some sort of incendiary device or self destruct device that has operated or even an illuminating flare pot????

Good luck with an ID !

There is another thread somewhere on this forum that deals with the same or very similar items.
I doubt your item is any part of a HEAT round as the only item that survives the effective operation of a HEAT round is the copper slug that is produced by the explosion, the rest of the projectile simply fragments.
Could your Aluminium blob possibly be part of some sort of incendiary device or self destruct device that has operated or even an illuminating flare pot????

Good luck with an ID !
Hi, oh well, Thanks anyway,,