What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help 1950's 9mm Boxes

Richard709

Hi, Does anyone have any photo's or drawings of a 1950's early 60's 9mm mk2z cardboard carton. So that I can make some reproductions for one of my boxes.

Richard

Hi Richard
Will take some pictures for you. Have both 50's and 60's. They are a very over engineered cardboard box. PM me with your email,
Cheers
Hangarman

9mm

Yes, I have plenty of labels for 9mm 2z. What exactly do you need? RG ball or Kynoch?

Regards
TonyE

9mm Label

Here is the best I can do I am afraid. When I checked do not have a clearly marked RG ball label. Dummy yes, standard yes but not a ball label with the RG stamp on it.

However, this is an RG label, but the "RG" part of the rubber stamp was on the carton not the label!

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• 9mm RG.jpg
    9mm RG.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 28
Here is the best I can do I am afraid. When I checked do not have a clearly marked RG ball label. Dummy yes, standard yes but not a ball label with the RG stamp on it.

However, this is an RG label, but the "RG" part of the rubber stamp was on the carton not the label!

Regards
TonyE

Hi Tony, I notice the label number has a N prefix. Does that make it Naval?
Cheers
Hangarman

9mm

Yes, that is a naval store. The land service box was normally 35 rounds, but I did not have an RG one to show. Silly really, considering it is the most common and I must have shot countless boxes over the years, but never kept a label.

As I said above, I have some of less common labels for drill, dummy, tracer and ballistic standards but not the common one.

Regards
TonyE