What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP bren gun mk11 brocken ? no power behined cocking lever ?

banksy-2k10

it was deactvated in 2000 and was fine today it dry fiars i took it down to oil and clean it went to dry fiar it and the hanndle has no powe behined it at all it can be moved back anf foruth but dose not seem to be moving any pats ?

what is wron can i easy fix it ? any one willing to help me ? it its broke im going to be gutted !

kind reards
alex

alexanderstevens75@yahoo.com

Hi Alex,
did you 'field' strip it to clean and oil? if so the return rod may not be re-located in the cup on the breech block.

Tony

Also, I know it sounds stupid, but did you fire off the action after you cocked it the first time? Can you see the working parts are forward through the top sliding cover? If not, the breach block will be held in the rear position, so you will get no tension on the cocking handle until the parts are released.

Hi Tony (SMLE) usually not locating the return rod makes the action harder to cycle.
pointblank - quite right! cocking lever is sloppy as the proverbial until the action is fired off.
Sounds to me the return spring is either missing/broken or the wrong side of the rod!!!
Banksy - if it aint broke don`t mess with it! Its a deact so WD40 or equiv is enough!
When I was no1 on the LMG I just cleaned the barrel,gas chamber(& plug) & breach block - never let me down & I still do not know/understand why they got rid for the poofy 5.56 LSW!!
I loved firing this weapon (LMG) & could get 2 rounds off on target (WI`s hated me!!) as opposed to the GPMG where I always had to `walk` 5 - 10 rounds onto target?! .50 & mini in the Chinook, Puma & Lynx though always on target - go figure!?

Hi H,
point taken about the return rod.
Good news,you don't see many poofy 5.56mm LSW's around now! what you do see is the 5.56mm Minimi LMG and that is a sexy bit of kit,but it would be even better if we used the ammo the Belgians intended it to be used with.

Cheers
Tony

Hi H,
point taken about the return rod.
Good news,you don't see many poofy 5.56mm LSW's around now! what you do see is the 5.56mm Minimi LMG and that is a sexy bit of kit,but it would be even better if we used the ammo the Belgians intended it to be used with.

Cheers
Tony

I couldn't really see the point of the LSW, other than being able to swap ammo with the L85, and having a slightly longer range. The ammo you talk of (intended by Belgians for use in minimi), what ammo was it? Sounds interesting.