What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help ID please

gwing83

I need some help in IDing these items, could someone out there give me a hand? The first pic is two different 3.7 cm AP one has a copper band the other seems to be cast as one piece with the proj. The second pic is two HE projectiles, one with a single band and one with a double band, I actually have 2 of the double band one is sitting in a case at the moment. The third pic is a mg 131, the confusing part to me is there is no belt on the case. Is this a first attempt case? It is stamped MG 131 38 P.

Thanks for the help in advance. I am new to this site but have already found much information that has helped me in IDing some shells in my collection.

Mike

Attachments

• 37mm ap sm.jpg
    37mm ap sm.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 37mm HE sm.jpg
    37mm HE sm.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 131 Ex sm.jpg
    131 Ex sm.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 131 ex hs sm.jpg
    131 ex hs sm.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 35
The second pic is two HE projectiles, one with a single band and one with a double band, I actually have 2 of the double band one is sitting in a case at the moment.
Mike

What type of case have you the projectiles in?

The single band HE is a 3.7cm Sprgr 18 Fe
The double band HE is a 3.7cm Sprgr 18

Both used with the 3.7cm Flak 18

PC

The first pic is two different 3.7 cm AP one has a copper band the other seems to be cast as one piece with the proj.
Mike

The pictures are hard to make out but they look like 3.7cm Pzgr 18 projectiles for the Flak gun.
The second looks like a FES driveband. Remember the drive band needs to be soft so although it looks the same material it is different and added later during production.

PC