What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help identify British Army cloth patch please

roller63

Premium Member
I am trying to identify this British Army cloth patch for a friend, I have looked online until I became googly eyed ! but haven't yet been able to find out about it. Any information greatly received. thanks in advance.DSC01427.JPG

Whilst the backing is a British Army MTP PCS blanking patch, I don't recognise design as representing any British Army formation; in fact the colours and quality of embroidery don't look 'military' at all... just my impression - I could well be wrong :)

What is the provenance of where your friend got it from? That might be a starting point to try working backwards.

The patch was on a used MTP jacket in a large batch of surplus bought from a dealer.
Soldier‘s name/number inside the jacket?

dragonfly design, possibly flying, maybe helicopters, but I would take a guess at drone operator.

If it’s not something official, maybe it’s a morale patch within a small unit.