What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help in identifying projectile type item

kutty

Hello everyone, I am a new member here.

I am looking for assistance in identifying this item. At first i thought it was a toy but it seems too heavy duty to be such. I thank those who reply.

Markings on the gray cement like cylinder are, 10gqv- B143, markings on the base cap, pp 30. This is the best I can interpret since the markings are hard to see. This item weighs about 2 pounds, it is 13-3/4 inches long, the base diameter is 2 inches. The gray area is not magnetic it feels like cement. The red fins are metal and kind of poorly made. I do not see any way to propel this object. The end has a blunt metal cap and I do not see how it would detonate unless there was some internal type fuse.
IMG_4995.jpg

Last edited:
It is a WWII German 1 Kilo Incendiary submunition. The body is made of Magnesium. A very collectable item.

Attachments

• 1 Kg German Incendiary Com.jpg
    1 Kg German Incendiary Com.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 1 Kg Incendiary data Com.jpg
    1 Kg Incendiary data Com.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Hello kutty!!! that is the fuze!! Greeting Harry

Attachments

• AZ13 A ( AZ 8312 ).jpg
    AZ13 A ( AZ 8312 ).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 5
  • AZ 13 A ( AZ 8312 )..jpg
    AZ 13 A ( AZ 8312 )..jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi Harry

Thanks for the pictures. As far as the fuse, there is a metal cap on the end that resembles your second picture. However, at this point it does not unscrew so I can see the inside.

hard find

Hi Kutty, I just wanted to comment on what a beautiful piece of ordnance you have there, and like most others I just hate to throw the word "rare" around but that is one hard critter to find. Oh yes, and welcome to BOCN...Dano