What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed

hicky1300

Hi All
well back in Belgium & interesting start to 2014 at Waterloo market!!
Picked up this little lot this morning & need a bit of info.

At last managed to get an MP 38/40 mag at a price I was willing to pay (not sure the seller knew what he had) - actually the guy had two.
One is stamped MP 38u. 40 with two Wa eagles on the reinforcing plate with 815 under & above this is `kur` (Steyr Graz Austria) and `43` (1943) follower & baseplate all have matching Wa stamps. Condition is above average.
The other is in much better condition has the MP stamp and two dodgy looking Wa eagles with 1015 under (no id found) and MRC 68 (1968??)
Can anyone let me know anything about this mag?
I believe the Finnish Suomi MP41 used the 38/40 mags so is this post Wa stock gone to Finland? It is also a different construction to the WWII one and a bit shorter?!

Also one of the WWI 75mm`s has a headstamp I do not know - the usual DEC 75 then `F RE 7L 17X` a couple of other smaller stampings `SD` and an H with an I at 90 degrees to it? also a bad looking x.
I was happy with the pre WWI 10.5 How case as unfired & 1911 dated.
The two fuzes are Canadian made. The all brass one being a No80 MK VII dated 1917 is unfired & complete the other I am sure is a No80? Can anyone tell me the mark please? It has a `A` in a `C` with two crowsfeet an `AK` stamped on it twice? this is unfired but not complete.
Thanks in advance guys and apologies for putting all in one post - but easier and quicker as away for a bit.

IMG_0709.jpgIMG_0708.jpg

Years ago,(50), when I collected deactivated automatic weapons, I had a Steyr which had been altered to use MP 40 mags, I traded it to another collector for 3 other smgs.It was a simple catch welded to the magazine port assembly, and looked like it was done in the field. I never saw another, and I remember that it cost only $39.95 from a barrel fiull of smgs at a gun show. Those were the days when shiploads of WW2 stuff arrived daily from Europe. Sigh. Maybe this mag was used in such a modified Steryr.

highlandotter - fairly sure that the MRC one is a repro job.
Trying to find out if it was a working repro or just a `for show` one!