What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please on Projectile & case

hicky1300

Part of my haul from Waterloo today were these 2 items.
1st the tall brass case in the pic. This is a diameter of 74/75mm & 276mm long. I do not think it has been cut down.
It is rimmed & the head has the following: EP with 8 under it @ 12 0`clock, SM with 10 under it @ 6, EP 13 & a seperate R on the primer.

The next item is the projectile.
Diameter comes out at 1.333 inches or 33.881mm??!! Length is 165mm.
It is one of several (bead cleaned it at work) & as you can see it has been fired but has not hit anything substantial as the brass fuze plugs are all in v good cond. One does appear to have the remains of a fuze.
There are some markings on the base - what looks like a G or C with a 7 `hanging` off the letter?? There is also another stamping that I cannot describe.
On the body is what appears to be 2 `+` symbols side by side & another + stamped on the dummy fuze. Some of the fuzes are stamped `INERTE` (which is nice to know!!).
One is painted light blue - but I think this has been done after firing. The others appear to have been red with black fuzes?

Cheers in advance guys.
015.jpg016.jpg

As I remember from previous postings, EP on headstamps is of Belgian manufacture.

The EP case is of good length (277 mm), it is for the 7,5 cm Krupp gun used by many countries around that time.

Cheers for the feedback answers on the case;
As to the projectile after a bit of cleaning, research & Mr Williams excellent book Rapid fire 5I always travel with it now, along with a jar of Marmite & box of Tea Bags!!).
I think I have worked out these projectiles are for the Swiss made 34 x 239 AA gun Model 38.
I managed to clean up the remains of the percussion Fuze and that is stamped BKng 27-40 - no ideas on the letters but the numbers 27th week of 1940??
Look forward to any other ideas/thoughts.

Anyone got any 34 x 239 cases? Willing to swap a projectile for a case.