What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with fuze ID

phantomf4

010.jpgHello to all, been quite some time since I've been on here, hope all are doing well. I got this recently and cant ID it. made of brass and the fins are nickel plated brass. only marking is a number 3 on the inside. any help appreciated.011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg

probably for a torpedo or something that was dropped into the water,judging by the heavy brass vanes

It's really small though, maybe 2 inches long if that, and the blade diameter is maybe 2 inches.

Size isn't everything! (Or so I keep telling the wife)!
id say it's for water use also. Form of blades looks all wrong for air use.

Identification is made more difficult because you do not have the entire fuze. It is difficult to say how large the body of the fuze should be, or even if the vanes went further down. It is hard to tell from the photo, but was the portion you have unscrewed from the main body, or cut? The way that the body ends evenly with the vanes suggests that maybe it was cut?

It hasn't been cut, the brass piece behind the blades is threaded on the inside and has spanner wrench grooves on the outside. I'll take better pictures. Thanks

I took it apart to get some better picture's for you, as the propeller turns it turns 2 small gears you can see in the 4th picture, as these turn a set of electrical contacts slowly come into contact. The only marking is the number 3. thanks

004.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg005.jpg