What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Switch No6 Release

chaseuk45

Can anyone help?? I have a No6 and the spring snout will not fit the hole in the switch. the hole is too big!!! Is there a difference between the snouts??

Thanks

Chase

Can anyone help?? I have a No6 and the spring snout will not fit the hole in the switch. the hole is too big!!! Is there a difference between the snouts??
[/QUOTE

There are six different snouts (flanged, screw or both) that were designed for MD1 and ES6 switches as well as spring snout adapters for the No 10 Switch, the AC Delay and other equipment. The No 6 switch takes a snout of the profile shown on the sketch.

SnoutDwg.jpg

That is the sort I have but the thread is too small. did they do a larger size spring snout?
the snout fits the pull switch but not this one!

Hi Chase
Are you sure it's a British one you have?
Seen Norwegian ones with thread for US snout....

All the best
T42

It must be a Norwegian one then! Did they have a spring snout adaptor as well or just the crime on us type? As I would like a spring snout.