What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Guard \"Crackers\"

roller63

Premium Member
Here's a pic of an item that I have had for many years. It is from the first years of the Home guard in the UK. Basicly large paper snaps or the things you might find inside a Christmas cracker. Tied to a rifle, you would pull the string and get a nice little bang, used to simulate gunfire without ammo ! the only markings are T.S which I should think was the maker. No great monetry value, but I have never seen any others around. Hope they are of some interest. Tony.
MVC_367S.JPG

I like these Tony ,they are in very good condition as well,,bet you,ve been tempted to pull the string

Every time I find them again I think "I wonder if they still work ? maybe if I just give one a little tug ?" then reality sets in and I put them away again ! :laugh: :laugh:

Very interesting item(s) and amazing that they survived all these years. Thanks for posting!