What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hotchkiss Paris

Bellifortis

Hallo,
some years ago I was presented with a 37mm shellcase, that had been used as a volumetric measure in an old european fireworks factory. Attached are 2 fotos. Can somebody please explain to me the markings ?
The different punched dots with a circle around and the + above two of these. The meaning of the circle and the big 0 or O and whose mark is the manufacturers emblem ? The case is 75mm long. Is that the original length or has it been cut down ? Thanking you in advance for your consideration,
Bellifortis.37mm Hülse Hotchkiss 004 (800x786).jpg37mm Hülse Hotchkiss 001 (533x800).jpg

In Russia and Finland the round marking is for first reload marking, after that the 3 dots are other reload markings.

I have found also a shortened 37x94R case, I think length was about the same. It looked porpusely made. Most likely I posted pictures to BOCN last year?