What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hungarian Beauty.

waffenamt

Can anyone tell me any info about this little beauty i got in a deal?
My pal got the 50 kilo it came in and i got the fuze. :)
Im aware its a Hungarian made fuze but what about application and manufacturer please?
Was it only used in a 50 kilo?
Same length and diameter as a standard german fuze.

W

Attachments

• S7004675.jpg
    S7004675.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 52
  • S7004676.jpg
    S7004676.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 49
  • S7004677.jpg
    S7004677.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 52
Hungarian 38M magnetic fuze.
Used in Hungarian 50kg 36M and 36/38M, 250kg 36/40M and 40M bombs.

This bombs are near same than German SD-50 and SD-250 bombs.

Last edited:
Excellent information!,thank you.

Is it a borrowed idea off germany or did the germans indeed use it?

W

It's a good question. Unfortunately I don't have info about this. In my opinion Germany didn't use in their bombs, but I think this fuze is possible to use German SD-50 and SD-250 bombs.

Can anyone tell me any info about this little beauty i got in a deal?
My pal got the 50 kilo it came in and i got the fuze. :)
Im aware its a Hungarian made fuze but what about application and manufacturer please?
Was it only used in a 50 kilo?
Same length and diameter as a standard german fuze.

W

Strangely enough i would have walked past that one but it goes to show just how rare and important that fuse is and definately one to be kept on the top of the collection :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Strangely enough i would have walked past that one but it goes to show just how rare and important that fuse is and definately one to be kept on the top of the collection :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Im trying to think where ive spotted one before??
Mebbe on millsgrenade site or airdropped ordnance?? Either way,i knew it was some sort of weird fuze with the shape of the head when i saw it in that 50 kilo pocket.

W

There are several about Paul, Dave Sampson had a couple 1 he sold the other is in his own collection, Erhard Koch i think has one as does Terence wright , whos collection was sold off , 1 was sold on ebay , 1 my friend owns i believe .Thety are fetching higher prices than a German (17) fuze with a ZUS40 type 1 .
Regards
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several about Paul, Dave Sampson had a couple 1 he sold the other is in his own collection, Erhard Koch i think has one as does Terence wright , whos collection was sold off , 1 was sold on ebay , 1 my friend owns i believe .Thety are fetching higher prices than a German (17) fuze with a ZUS40 type 1 .
Regards
Steve

Hi Steve,
Cheers for the info. :)
I wonder why that is as i would have thought a minty early 17 with minty clocks is the big prize?

To a collector like me,any acquired item is worth what i paid and no more as they stay in the collection.If i can get it cheap then all the better.
Someones gonna have a good weigh in one day, once ive kicked the bucket!. :neutral:

W

Hi Waff, i have seen it several times on German Bombs, also i have the Hungarian bomb super rare piece, i have seen the pictures with the German bomb you had earlier on, weldone, i heard also a rumor that you have found a very nice naval fuze, is this true or did you had to much kletterdiewandhinhoch, something like this i only know that the bottle you drink had 50% alc.

Hi Waff, i have seen it several times on German Bombs, also i have the Hungarian bomb super rare piece, i have seen the pictures with the German bomb you had earlier on, weldone, i heard also a rumor that you have found a very nice naval fuze, is this true or did you had to much kletterdiewandhinhoch, something like this i only know that the bottle you drink had 50% alc.

Lol!!:xd:
Deffo too much of that evil stuff without a doubt,i havnt heard much frm poor Weasel so i wonder if he is still alive?.
Thanks for the congrats Ben. :)
Ah,the nice naval fuze with the dials on? yeeeesss,its a beauty too! ;)

W