What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I.D. please

vinnyw

I bought this a couple weeks ago at a military collectors show its dated 1917.I should know what this is but this great site,its easer to ask than try to find info on it,sorry for my lazeynest .The bottom looks French to me but anyway it has 47.R.,and MA.I.3.,dated 3-17.
These might be common in Europe but they are fairly rare in my circle of the U.S..Anyway I really like the fuse cover,since it still has it there is some orignal yellow paint left on it,impact fuse.Looks like it has 2 rings ,unshot.It is a keeper for me.
Thank you in advance
vinny:tinysmile_classes_t

Attachments

• MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 100
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 117
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 97
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 126
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 132
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
French 47 mill? Nice projectile! Sorry i dont know more but it aint my usual bag.

waff

Last edited:
On first view, the case should be made for the french 47 mm SA Mle 1934 tank gun.
I say well, on first view !!!

Yoda

helloff.png

My diagnostic is different.

I think that it's a rare round for a "bord munition" on WW1 airplanes.

French (or U.S) planes , armed with the 37mm or with the 47mm Gun.

Confirmed with the "extra sensible impact fuze" mounted on the shell, and by the protection cap typical.

Here, the case & the shell are both naval (for the revolver gun or rapid fire hotchkiss gun).

Please, have a look here :

http://www.histavia21.net/Histoire/munitions_37_Spad-Canon.htm

glouglou.gif

Last edited:
Case closed

Yes that is it,wow did I get lucky I guess.Oh ya I did find a acore.
Thank you for your help with this.
Happy Holidays
vinny:tinysmile_classes_t

Last edited: