What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I.D. Required please.

Chris 42 RQ

Any idea what the items in this tin were for ?

Tin is marked;-

10 FUZE ELECTRIC No F123 LOT 093 NEC/A10/79

3 CART PRESSURE ELECT L2A1 LOT 7 SFH 6/79

Came across this tin years ago and it has resided in my garage/workshop for a large number of years.

Attachments

• BOCN A tin.JPG
    BOCN A tin.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 55
  • BOCN B tin.JPG
    BOCN B tin.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 60
  • BOCN C tin.JPG
    BOCN C tin.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 53
  • BOCN D tin.JPG
    BOCN D tin.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 40
detonator box??

This is a wild stab guess at best, but it strongly resembles a newer version of a tin I saw that was made to hold mills detonators? Dano

Last edited:
Still no idea ?

Thanks Dano, still a bit of a mystery though as some are Pressure/Electric !

Someone must know what they are used for ?????????:banghead:

I can't find a direct reference to it but I think it may have contained a later version of the Fuze Electric F103. If my memory is correct the F103 was for use with AFV multi barrel smoke dischargers (MBSD), to propel the Number 80 (White Phosphorous) grenade out of the MBSD. In my time there were between 2 and 6 grenades in MBSDs on either side of the AFV. Each would have had a corresponding Fuze Electric F103. The reason is that unlike later smoke discharger grenades the No 80 doesn't have an electrically fired gunpowder expulsion charge. The purpose of the MBSDs was to give an AFV a rapid smoke screen.

Mystery over

Many thanks for that AMMOTECHXT as I had almost forgotten about my mystery tin.

Should any one want this tin please pm me and we will come to an arrangement regarding its disposal.