What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I freakin' broke my turtle

Well I was in the trench and every time I go down there I always hold my model 1913 Defensive German baby discus grenade. Well I dropped it and the alloy innerds was brittle I guess due to age and corrosion and the alloy innerds broke. It is not beyond repair and i've already figured how i'm gonna fix it, but it's just a damn shame. I chased this very grenade for 10 years (that's how long it took me to talk a longtime Canadian collector friend to sell it to me and Rob is a member so he might be upset too). It only broke off the bottom percusion cap and stem and it'll still be all original when done but it just made me sick....Dano

Our condolences my friend.
vomit-smiley-004.gif

Oh bad luck Dano, sorry to hear that hopefully you'll get it fixed OK.
Lucky it wasn't a large shell falling on your foot.
Dave.

Bad luck Dano. Get the glue pot out. If it was a big one I have spares but I've never owned the little critter.

John

Well I was in the trench and every time I go down there I always hold my model 1913 Defensive German baby discus grenade. Well I dropped it and the alloy innerds was brittle I guess due to age and corrosion and the alloy innerds broke. It is not beyond repair and i've already figured how i'm gonna fix it, but it's just a damn shame. I chased this very grenade for 10 years (that's how long it took me to talk a longtime Canadian collector friend to sell it to me and Rob is a member so he might be upset too). It only broke off the bottom percusion cap and stem and it'll still be all original when done but it just made me sick....Dano
:tinysmile_cry_t::tinysmile_cry_t:Real sorry to hear that.How about a pic. when you get it finished,I know it will look good.
Your friend Vinny:tinysmile_classes_t

It's back!

Well gentlemen, Thanks for the kind words that meant so much in my time of loss but I was able to do a suitable repair. The lower tube was broken which I was able to overhaul. It was due for its 97 year check-up anyway. As many of you know the m1913 defensive German baby discus is not so easy to come by, si i'm feeling much better about it now. Again thanks for all the well wishing. Best to all.....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 423.jpg
    Picture 423.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: