What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i have an announcement to make

bazooka chris

my girlfriend karen is pregnant !!

Hi everybody

I have a little announcement to make Karen and myself have a little present for the forum but unfortunatly you will all have to wait for about 9 months for it to arrive. Guessed what it is yet ?

yep thats right there will be the pitter patter of tiny collector feet, Karens pregnant it will be our first one came as a bit of a shock to me when she told me but guess it means i am not inert :laugh: and i really hope its a boy then i have got an excuse to go to all the shows with him especially war and peace and buy more cool stuff and say its for him dunno what will happen if its a girl maybe turn her into GI Jane or just sell her on ebay (only joking karen if your reading this) so i will apologise in advance if your at shows late next year and theres a screeming little kid there doing everybodys head in being pushed around in a pram probably shaped like a tank that will more than likely be me. I really havnt got a clue how to be a dad so any advice greatly received and as i am a mechanic by trade i am off to do what any good mechanic does goes to halfords to see if they do a haynes manual on babys cheers

from chris and karen

Last edited:
What a coincidence. Theres a chap on another forum with the same name as yours who has exactly the same good news, congratulations to you both. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Congratulations to you and karen
you need a very good quality pair of Ear defenders !very useful at feeding time every 2 hours

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers LCplCombat and fuseman
yes it is a bit of a coincidence isnt it that click select all and paste button thingy works great thought i had better post in on there aswell or my mates wouldnt be very happy with me if i didnt tell them.

yes fuseman got a good quality pair of electronic ear defenders i go shooting with so no probs there
wow every 2 hours is feeding time ? honnestly ? how long does that go on for then ? when can they just start eating bigmacs and pot noodles and stuff ? hehe

from chris and karen

Last edited:
Nice one Chris and Karen, do babies come with an EOBD socket ? certainly would be handy, regards, Tony, a fellow "automotive vehicle technician"
(my a**e !):tinysmile_hmm_t:

hi roller63

when its born i will have a look for there 16pin connection socket and let you know, and being able to plug my snap on modus fault diagnostic tool into it and find out why its crying would be very handy

so does that mean after i have fed the baby i need to reset the service indicator ?

cheers

from chris

Last edited:
thanks gothica7 as for sleep after that its no problem i am like the dead when i am asleep a small nuclear explosion wouldnt even wake me quite often sleep through thunderstorms etc i am sure karen will get up
cheers

from chris

Last edited:
HEy HEy.... Congrats....... :beer:

I wont spoil any surprises by telling you what to expect........

Just take care of your lovely wife.....

Cheers,
Craig

thanks MissingSomething and jayteepee_1999

missingsomething yes she is lovely but were not married dont bring up the w word and give her more ideas its bad enough me having the b word on the way :laugh:

cheers

from chris

Last edited:
hi everybody

Just been told by karen earlier its due on the 3rd of june i will show karen all the posts tomorrow as she fallen asleep on the sofa at the minute cheers

From chris

well we know what you've been up to - you need to get out more (to fairs etc)! But don't worry, being a parent comes naturally and changing nappies will be similar to changing very old engine oil - a bit messy and it will get everywhere if you don't prepare well first. Enjoy it Chris/Karen, it/they might be little buggers but you'll miss them when they leave home. (I wish my youngest would hurry up and leave home!) Dave