What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I.n.c. 30lb. Mkiii

Nice one! any history? looks like it has been dropped or in a crash to me.

I am working on some fins for the 30lb bomb to go on my one, not much info out there on them, although I have a detailed illustration of one and show the fins but it doesn't show how they were constructed. I have based mine on other British types and looked at how those have been constructed etc. It will be fairly accurate but without seeing the real thing it is hard to tell what is right and what is wrong.

Anyway well done on adding that on the collection.

30lb ACB

Here's some pics of the 30lb ACB showing the tail.
Hope they're of some use

Pete

30lb AC Bomb 05.jpg

30lb AC Bomb 02.jpg

GBR bomb 30 lbs INC Mk 4 (a).jpg

Nice pics! I will post some pics later of what I have done, I don't think I am far away when you think I was working from a grainy pic of a Lancaster Bomb Bay with a few 30lb bombs on the rack. The illustration I have turned after all the major work was done. My only mistake is that I have used rivets but this was copies from other World War Two British Bomb tail fins.

I will post into the restoration section.