What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID a Couple of 37mm. Projectiles? One an Oddball??

MikeS0000

Hello Folks -

Picked up these two 37mm. projectiles and have no idea as to their origin. Both solid and no markings at all. Conical projectile is !4-3/4"s tall other ~4-1/2"s. Both 37mm. diameters.

The one on the right with the flat top really has me stumped! Any thoughts appreciated.

- Best regards! Mike

Attachments

• 100_2116.JPG
    100_2116.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_2117.jpg
    100_2117.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 42
Hi Mike,
I believe they are US 37mm to fit 'Honeytank??' gun. Both practice and the flat-top is highly likely a proof shot.

cheers

waff

They should

have a desination on the band, the flat topped one is a practice shot and the other looks like an M74 if I recall it correctly. The uncapped solid shot would have been made redundant by the various capped AP and been relegated to practice, nice with the blue paint. They go in the M16 37mm casing.

Attachments

• 37 m51b.jpg
    37 m51b.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Thanks Gentlemen! No markings on the driving band or anywhere else. Maybe liberated from the factory?