What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

id fuze 1

Pascal

Ordnance approved
Hello gentlemen

My chief give me a challenge : I must id 5 "strange" fuze he hasn't identified yet.

This is the first.

Il seems it's russian, because there is the marking "P" letter, and I found a drawing with almost same fuze (double effect 34 seconds), but mine has 33 seconds delay, and the upper part seems more thin.

Have a look at pictures. Do you know my fuze (his fuze ?)

Attachments

• Copie de Copie de DSCF9854.JPG
    Copie de Copie de DSCF9854.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Dscf9856.jpg
    Dscf9856.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Dscf9857.jpg
    Dscf9857.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Dscf9858.jpg
    Dscf9858.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Dscf9859.jpg
    Dscf9859.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 69
  • pas a.jpg
    pas a.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 85
If the fuze is the one in the drawing (looks much like) it is a Schneider design sold to Czarist Russia before WWI for naval/coast artillery armament.
Most likely these fuzes were imported from France what makes sense if Pascal is located in France.

Hello EOD

Yes, effectively I'm in France, and you're right : inside there is a segment system (like on 24-31 schneider fuze). Infortunatly I forgot my camera but tomorrow I'll put more pictures.

Thank you very much

Hello.

I'm back.

News pictures with Schneider system inside, you are right.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF9887.jpg
    DSCF9887.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Dscf9942.jpg
    Dscf9942.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 44
Hello guys!
That is Schneider fuze E.S. 6 for QF field howitzers 120mm and 150mm, this specimen is made for Serbia, excellent condition ! Bravo !

More pictures, enjoy it

Attachments

• Copie de DSCF9939.JPG
    Copie de DSCF9939.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Dscf9941.jpg
    Dscf9941.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 37
Hello

Yes, well done : ES6 seems the real Schneider name.

How can you determine this one was for Serbian ?

Attachments

• ES6.jpg
    ES6.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 28
Easy :)
Cirilic letter П mean "Перкусија" or Percussion, on Russian or Bulgarian fuzes is УД , "Udar" or Impact. All Serbian fuzes for QF Schneider guns ( 75mm,120 and 150 mm)have this letter.
Some fuzes have on bottom of aluminium body cirilic stamps "150 m/m хаубица М-1910", what stamps in on this fuze ? And do you make photo of this stamps please ?
Thank you for more photos, I never see that fuze in this conditions !

Pascal I have on question for you please, because you are French.
Do you know what mean this Schneider marks ? Shortcut from wich words ?
E.S on this model or E.C. on model for field cannon 75 mm. ?
Thank you

Hello

Thank you for your response. No there wasn't more marking on this fuze unfortunatly.

I don't know what mean EC or ES on schneider fuzes; I just took a look on a book but I don't found your answer.

I will search this for you.

What a pitty to see traces of the universal tool No1: the rotating steel brush...
Will people ever care?

Yes, I agree with you, and believe me, it's my colleague. I told him this, but too late...

Pascal I have on question for you please, because you are French.
Do you know what mean this Schneider marks ? Shortcut from wich words ?
E.S on this model or E.C. on model for field cannon 75 mm. ?
Thank you

Hello

I found only the ES marks on a french fuze : 22-24mm Mle 1918ES Sabathe (on navy 37mm shell), and the letters ES mean "Extra Sensible". I'm pretty they haven't any link with the schneider fuses.

Sorry.

Hi Pascal,
Thank you for your effort any way, I hope that we one day find meaning of this marks. I`m only sure that is commercial Schneider marks, and I think that second latter in marks meaning "Campane" and "Siege" for letter "E" I don`t have idea !
Best regards.