What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Grenade

Francesco_Dif

Please to id this grenades, I think from Sud America area.

Attachments

• granada398.jpg
    granada398.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 152
  • granada398_varie gran1.JPG
    granada398_varie gran1.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 140
Without better pictures I would say that it looks very similar to the Mexican M26A2.

Jolly no selling, just pictures, sorry.
Eodtek are the better pictures I've; the Mexican M26A2 is different: the grenades in the pictures
seem to have four orizzontal ribs on the body and a concave bottom. The body appears to be cast iron
or thick plastic; it is hard to understand.

First off, I agree the pictures are in poor shape. Secondly, why are the ones in a sand (Apperas to be sand?) plastic box? Thirdly, I can see that they appear to be made of some sort of steel or even sheetmetal from the dimple going inward on the bottom. But...then again it could just be plastic? Forthly, I thought the Mexican Army was now using a version of our M67 and has been since Vietnam? Last but not least, what is a sud America? I apologize for the insights and educated guesses that I am using but, I, and like the others here prefer a little more something to chew on before making and educated guess? Hopefully, you can or are able to get more pictures on the subject or at the very least give us an idea as to what the writing is on the grenade?

Last edited:
Jolly no selling, just pictures, sorry.
Eodtek are the better pictures I've; the Mexican M26A2 is different: the grenades in the pictures
seem to have four orizzontal ribs on the body and a concave bottom. The body appears to be cast iron
or thick plastic; it is hard to understand.

The Mexican M26A2 version that I saw is cast iron with a dimple in the bottom and uses a copy of the M204 fuze. They also have horizontal ribs cast into the body which.

Forthly, I thought the Mexican Army was now using a version of our M67 and has been since Vietnam? Last but not least, what is a sud America?

No, the Mexican army is not using our M67 grenade. The cartels are using M67's, F1's, Korean K400's, and multiple versions of the M26 originating from a few different countries. If you look at photos from Mexican army seizures over the past 2 yrs or so you will see many of the different grenades that have been recovered.

Sud America = South America

Last edited:
The pictures are from the net, sorry... I've find another from a mexican's police webpage. The grenade is on the left with also a M26A2. All are recovered in a Narco's house. In the 1th picture the grenade is on a yellow tissue and on the grenade body is writed "..RAGM.." and "LOTE". I don't think are from Austria. Yes, SUD is SOUTH; I'm italian....sorry.mex imagesCAS8BQDZ.jpg

That would be "Fragmentation" and "Lote" for LOT. They are manufactured in other countries and sold marked in Spanish for Export. A good example of that is IMI manufacturing items for Guatemala in the 80's and 90's and marking the items in Spanish.