What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID needed please chaps.

Charlie

Staff member
Premium Member
On behalf of a friend, dimensions on the way.

Best regards,

Charlie

Attachments

• fin.jpg
    fin.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Projectile

Without dimensions, just with appearance, I should say Belgian 90 mm HEAT for CATI.

Well done Yoda, just heard it is 90mm

All he knows is:

"This is a very rare piece of ordnance it is a 90mm early fin stabilised projectile with one complete case and one factory cutaway case for demonstration purposes as to what it was for I am not sure."

C.

Looks a lot like a Belgium 90mm MECAR round.

Attachments

• 115685863890mmM630.pdf
    78.1 KB · Views: 59
I bought this one as a 90mm Cockerill Round.

I don't think the case is quite right for the projectile, the primer is too long, and the dates differ.

Proj is marked

On Head:

90mm TP-T NR6479 A3 MMJ-01-16 90

And on Fins in two places:

A0004

Case is marked:

90MM HEAT-T TP-T

NR479A3 EEB-2-1-84

FOR GUN EC90

Case is stamped:

90MM NR5499A1

FIE-2-09 83

Attachments

• Cockerill1.jpg
    Cockerill1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 44
  • Cockerill2.jpg
    Cockerill2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 32
I also have a case in the same calibre made by "MMJ". No one has even been able to give me a 100% answer on who "MMJ" is, and what country the case was made in.

Projectile.

Hey, Ive got one of these too and didnt have clue what it was other than 90mm proj possibly rocket assisted. Learn something everyday here. Mine is a good cond fired round and was bought for a tenner in local militaria shop. Does anyone know what they are really valued at? Tim.

90mm value

Mmmmm paid 40 for mine fired, marked TPT, but it does come with a nice plastic carrying case. Better change the price on my disposal list. 2pr

90 m/m Cockerill.

I have had one of these rounds for some time too and it seems there are a few minor differences to be found...My example has a single driving band on the body, and is obviously designed with a nose fuze in mind.
The case body is stencilled very faintly "90 MM CKL MKIII RO 907 A1 HEAT-T" and is fitted with an electric primer.
I purchased the projectile as a 90 m/m Cockerill at the time and the case came sometime later.

Bockscar.

Attachments

• Shells2 010.jpg
    Shells2 010.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Shells2 012.jpg
    Shells2 012.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Shells2 011.jpg
    Shells2 011.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 24
90 MM Cockerel Prac rounds

Here are another two Practice projectiles for the 90 mm Mecar gun.

Attachments

• 90mm Ckrl P 1.JPG
    90mm Ckrl P 1.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 90mm Ckrl P2.JPG
    90mm Ckrl P2.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 24