What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID of a couple of German mystery items

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
I got these (2) pieces many years ago at a German (former DDR) ordnance recovery and disposal site, they were grouped in with some bomb fuzes and related items. I’ve never gotten a clear explanation (that I remember) of their identification and explanation of use. Anyone recognize them? Apologies if I've asked before.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0766.jpg
    IMG_0766.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0767.jpg
    IMG_0767.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 55
The text let me think it's an ignition switch (with one Minute delay) for an Flugzeugzerstörer "aircraft destroyer". But sorry, I only have some documents about such devices from 1st WW and not from later developments.

"Notausstieg" is emergency ejection.
"Notlandung" is emergency landing
"Sicherheitsentfernung bei sprengung 30 m" = Safety distance when blowing it up is 30 meters
So, it could be the start button for an ejection seat, or to blast off the cockpit canopy or to start a self-destruct mechanism to blow up the plane, so that it doesn't fall into enemy hands.