What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Please

zephyr4

Picked this up at the car boot sale today I am not sure if its real or a made up one it has had a stand made for the bottom.

Thanks for any info z4.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I second that, good find for a car boot sale.
From the photos it looks like a mix of real components (penetrator, fins, sabot) and questionable parts (the bands that look like brass, the part behind the rear band that doesn't appear to be segmented and obviously the base that is just there for it to stand on.
Are there any markings on the sabot? Does it come apart?
interesting engraving on the base.
Dave.

I would think it is a leaving present. The fins are about the right colour but not the same shape as L23A1. Even if some of it was from earlier designs, the centering bands would have been of ballistic nylon and the air scoops would have been deeper.

While giving it a clean because it was quite dirty I felt the base was slightly loose but it would not tighten up so I kept twisting and it eventually came apart and hear is what I found.

z4.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 53