What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Id sabotage device

German Incendiary device "Celluloid Zylinder" (Celluloid cylinder, also known as Naphtha Incendiary) for the German "Wehrwolf" sabotage teams.
They used also a lot of confiscated SOE and OSS equipment like the P.E. No. 2 on the picture.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2024-01-31 om 21.48.43.png
    Schermafbeelding 2024-01-31 om 21.48.43.png
    338.9 KB · Views: 31
That looks a lot like the "Harvard Candle", developed by Louis Fieser at Harvard. Same guy whose team invented Napalm, as well as the later Pocket Incendiary for OSS. This one was the original design. Didn't know it was ever used overseas.
While we're on the subject of German incendiaries, I ran across this one recently. From what I gathered, it was made from dud Allied thermite bombs for the Werwulf units. Anyone heard anything about it?
10a-1-kg-incendiary-bomb_US-drawing_large-671x1024.jpg

That looks a lot like the "Harvard Candle", developed by Louis Fieser at Harvard. Same guy whose team invented Napalm, as well as the later Pocket Incendiary for OSS. This one was the original design. Didn't know it was ever used overseas.
While we're on the subject of German incendiaries, I ran across this one recently. From what I gathered, it was made from dud Allied thermite bombs for the Werwulf units. Anyone heard anything about it?
View attachment 193711
I've seen these at some of the State run recovery sites in Germany. Posted photos years ago, but I don't remember the thread. Mentioned it in this one, where it was further discussed.