What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Submunition

Here's a couple of pictures.
Thanks for the two close-ups. The fuze has interested me for a long time-The view of the top of the fuze looks as if there is a daisy shaped friction spring to engage with the body of the launching mortar built in to the cluster bomb. This might serve to exert an acial strain on allways fuze, so arming, during ejection. Have you seen an internal drawing of fuze? I believe that the sub has small rubber balls inside the outer case to cause a bounce. The Rhodesian prototype , not having a Rubber moulding company in the country, were forced to uses Super-bounce toy balls!

Sprockets, CAT-UXO has a fairly in depth look at the fuze. There's a arming delay built into the fuze so it arms after ejection.

Thanks for the two close-ups. The fuze has interested me for a long time-The view of the top of the fuze looks as if there is a daisy shaped friction spring to engage with the body of the launching mortar built in to the cluster bomb. This might serve to exert an acial strain on allways fuze, so arming, during ejection. Have you seen an internal drawing of fuze? I believe that the sub has small rubber balls inside the outer case to cause a bounce. The Rhodesian prototype , not having a Rubber moulding company in the country, were forced to uses Super-bounce toy balls!
As mentioned before (see below), we have a few of the submunitions and fuzes in the office. If you know Colin (King) you might be able to arrange a visit to the office, but be aware Colin and the company as a whole are very busy due to ongoing conflicts.

Last edited:
As mentioned before (see below), we have a few of the submunitions and fuzes in the office. If you know Colin (King) you might be able to arrange a visit to the office, but be aware Colin and the company as a whole are very busy due to ongoing conflicts.

Thanks, Eggburt, but I would not dream of diverting C King;'s attention at what must be increasingly fraught times.