What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Tellermine 35Ub or something else like a usa trainer??

wemme

Hello all,
I am hope someone here can clear this up for me.
A local collector has contacted me with this mine to get an ID.
At First glance it look like a 35Ub, but the base appears wrong.
Can some one please confirm this

In his collection he also has a TM43 but the fuse wells are much larger than M10.
I was my understanding that these wells were all M10x1 and didn't need an adaptor.
it is believed that this was a usa made training Mine.
Any Ideas.

Regards
Bart
german%20mine1.jpggerman%20mine2.jpggerman%20mine3.jpggerman%20mine5.jpg

Also the Fuse is made from Aluminium All the fuses I have and have seen are all brass.
german%20mine4.jpg
Regards
Bart

WW2 American training copy, fuze as well, to train troops in mine warfare. Very collectable.

Thanks Chris,
What would you think a fair price would be for this particular one?
Regards
Bart

There are three to collect, shame they didn't do the T.mi 35 (s). Price i would say anything from 75-120.

I saw one last year for 50 for a 35 version, you can always tell with the base a normal has a plain base with 1 boobytrap well not those insert bits, and some say dummy on the base ! I did see a 43 version sell on ebay for 500 !!!! 10x more than it was worth

sir:
Perhaps these images will assist you.
Regards,
John

Attachments

• German Pressure Igniter T.M1.Z 35 Teller Mine Fuze.pdf
    155.4 KB · Views: 46
  • German Teller Mine Types.pdf
    429.3 KB · Views: 27
copy by us army : tmi 35, tmi 42 , tmi 43 (german mine)
yardstick mine, pot mine, grenade mine, magnetic mine and little metal mine (japanese mine)

In case you are interested UK based RT Metal Productions Limited made about 30,000 dummy Tellermines in late 1943/early 1944 (nine bob each for the senior member :)

Thanks All these are all very useful bit of information i will pass them onto the collector.
Regards
Bart

In case you are interested UK based RT Metal Productions Limited made about 30,000 dummy Tellermines in late 1943/early 1944 (nine bob each for the senior member :)
I have never come across any of these, were they slightly different in manufacture than the US copy or were they made on contract for the US army?