What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iD this 75mm

FZG76

Ordnance approved
Anyone know this shell 75mm?
It has a ring near the nose.
A fuze pocket with a markage M97.
I thought a French product for Poland or Russia ...
thank you

mms_img209575916-2.jpgmms_img209575916.jpg

Fuze looks French. Can you show a photo of the side view of the complete projectile? Hard to identify from a fuze and a top view!

Hello,

Many of these shells were found on the Atlantic Wall with lot of Skoda 76.5mm, Czech or Yugoslav (8cm A.Z. Gr. 30 (t) or 7.65cm Sprgr. 275 (j)), so maybe for the same gun.
I'm quite sure these shells are Yugoslav and used by German.
Some of these shells were found fitted with German case (very strange) with these markings : POLTE MAGDEBOURG 1916,
other with case with "GR" or "CR" (picture).
The shell is fitted with a French fuze 24-31mm Robin-Lejay 1899 and Yougoslav used this fuze (Ф 99).
The gaine is not a common french 36.1/47.5 mle 1897.
I made quikly a diagram with paint to help for ID (two bands, head screwed). Looks like the shell on the doc above.

Regards

76.5cm.jpg

7.65C.jpg

Last edited:
Very old thread I bumped into, but anyway. The shell case, in my opinion, shows Bulgarian style marks on the case and also the primer adaption looks Bulgarian to me.