What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID This Projectile? (37mm x ~105mm.)

MikeS0000

Hello Folks -

Anyone recognize this one? Obviously it's been made into a desk ornament, but not sure what the shell is/goes to?

Fuze threads into the shell counterclockwise and is marked "Rh.S.K." (Rheinmetall?) and the base of the shell is marked "13 DLG." Couple other numbers on the fuze.

Thanks!

- Mike

Attachments

• Fuze1.jpg
    Fuze1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 138
Hi Mike,
I would say it's a WW2 German 3.7cm Pak APHE projectile with base fuze and tracer.
Best regards Weasel.

Thank you Gents!

Definitely looks like that's it. An interesting desk ornament too. Makes me wonder where it originated. Base is a heavy 'blued' steel filled with a wood block. Quite nicely done.

I'm 'assuming' it is a fired projectile because of the grooves in the ring?

- Mike

I'm 'assuming' it is a fired projectile because of the grooves in the ring?

Hi Mike,

Yes it has the "telltale" signs that it once has been "bear hugged" and sent on a high velocity joy-ride without hitting anything!

Cheers
Drew

What gift could you get for an ordnance collector that has everything? Why one of these of course. It is truly a thing of beauty and not one of your run of the mill trench art ornament. Would love to have one to adorn my desk. Absolutely etherial.....Dano