What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID wanted, unknown.

Hello all, hope your well.

I have recently acquired this piece. I was told it maybe some sort of electronic decoy (USA) however I have not been able to find a single thing on it. Please can anyone help?

Weighs- 329g
OA Length- 14.5cm
Diameter- 34mm
Composition- aluminium body, aluminium fins, brass encasing plastic cap.

Of course, inert and FFE
Thanks!
bf0f5407741a405f0c1cbf45d822dcf7.jpg

aa2dafb9a40cf2fbcf3d4068d6a05939.jpg

4342d89e6de8d09a6f8889ad15c226e5.jpg

2bd29d719e3aaf537ac41f62177b7e47.jpg

The construction looks pretty early for most of the decoys I've seen, an Xray would be a great step forward. I'd be more leaning toward (wishful thinking?) an experimental submunition. Has a size and look similar to the Australian Karanga (spelling)?

The construction looks pretty early for most of the decoys I've seen, an Xray would be a great step forward. I'd be more leaning toward (wishful thinking?) an experimental submunition. Has a size and look similar to the Australian Karanga (spelling)?

Totally unsure buddy, id love to X-ray or take it apart but don’t have the facilities, it’s a pretty weighty thing for its size so wouldn’t suprise me if it was some CBU!