What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID ww1 cylinder

I read "Wurfrauchkörper" but don't know it. Could also be Austro-Hungarian? In the lower line maybe it's written "Treibladung zum Verschießen aus Xxxxxxx"

Last edited:
Good morning,
Photo known of which there is another wooden board photographed with many grenades.

I think it is a smoke generator.
A lot of the material in the photo is related to homemade lighting, incendiary and smoke projectiles.

One of the signalpistols is a rare Austrian model.

I read "Wurfrauchkörper" but don't know it. Could also be Austro-Hungarian? In the lower line maybe it's written "Treibladung zum Verschießen aus Xxxxxxx"

Rare word ! Only one result on Google, no patent with this title on Espacenet or DEpatis, nothing on Invenio or ONB !!!

Wurfrauchkörper may appear to be rare word but if you look for Wurf Rauchkörper you'll find that these words are still used today (football enthusiasts and law enforcement personel know it quite well):
Wurf (thrown) Rauchkörper (smoke body, smoke candle) .
So we can assess that it is an Austro-Hungarian smoke signal (may be colored) - but documentation on these.....