What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ident - Italian Mortar round.

phlarris

I was in Italy recently, and saw the remnants of an Italian mortar round that I'm having problems identifying.

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos, and am working from memory for the description, but here goes... Please excuse the 'incorrect language'. I'm a bit new to this...

The primer was brass and around the size of the end of a shotgun shell. I'm guessing that the diameter of the fins were around the 80mm mark. The fins seemed to be folded over at the ends. There were 3 holes up the 'stem' of the round, in-between the fins.

I assumed that I'd be able to easily identify it when I got back home, but no luck. It was found in Italy, but no luck so far...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Phil

That's the one. Thanks

I knew there would be someone there that could identify it from my poor description :tinysmile_shy_t:

Cheers

Phil

The Brixia Model 35 is a 45mm Mortar round

Last edited: