What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identificaction of 37 m/m

jose juan

Hi to all menbers. my name is jose juan and Im new in this forum.
I want to ask for help to identification of this shell of 37 m/m diameter and 93,15 of lenght. I think it may be British origin (I suppose). I was loaded In a case of 37 x 382 R SK C-30 but I believe is a mistake manufactured for somebody.
Thanks

Attachments

• 1798.jpg
    1798.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 1799.jpg
    1799.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 42
It is likely of Spanish manufacture for a 37x94 case loading. WW1 or later era. It is a copy
of a Vikers type. Does the base unscrew ?

The installation was done in Arsenals Navy to make them serve Dummy AA guns C/30 reached Spain with German aid plan BAR torpedo boats. I got two hands on a base, a fully chromed, both with pods Flakmarine.
I guess the projectiles are for naval 37x94R Spaniards.

El montaje se hizo en Arsenales de la Armada para hacerlos servir de Dummy de los caones AA C/30 llegado a Espaa con el plan de ayuda Alemana BAR en lanchas torpederas. Yo consegui dos en mano en una base, uno totalmente cromado, los dos con vainas Flakmarine.
Supongo los proyectiles son Espaoles para los 37x94R navales .

la foto-3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Gspragge, and yes, as you can see in teh photo, the base is a screw cap.
THANKS hasag for your information It has been a great help for me. By the way Can you send me a photo more clear of projectile to my email? josej.aroca@gmail.com
I want to paint with original color

I sent you a message , best perhaps not to repaint. We don't find these, only in Spain ! Pity ~