What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identification Needed Possible Off-Route Mine

HAZORD

Premium Member
I'm looking for Identification help and any Documentation for this Object.

It is sheet metal with a Shaped charge cone in the middle that points towards the rear (the jet/projectile produced would go forward)

It is approximately 160mm in diameter and has a 40mm diameter filler tube that extends back from the base. The tube has large pitch rounded threads, and the is a cap that screws onto those threads. The overall length from rounded tip to the flat base is 295mm. The straight cylinder part of the body is 185mm long.

It has two threaded holes through the side, that are near the base for possible insertion of detonators. One hole is internally threaded, and the other is an externally threaded 15mm diameter boss that protrudes from the side, and has a concentric bore through to the inside.

It appears that the rounded nose section is inserted into the outer diameter cylinder and might be able to be removed, as there is a gap between them for about 30 degrees around the body.

There are two tabs spot welded onto the side near the front that could be combined with the threaded boss to attach a mounting bracket?IMG_8337.jpgIMG_8338 (1).jpgIMG_8338.jpgIMG_8341 (1).jpgIMG_8341.jpgIMG_8342.jpgIMG_8337.jpgIMG_8338 (1).jpgIMG_8338.jpgIMG_8341 (1).jpgIMG_8341.jpgIMG_8342.jpg

Hi Chris,
I think you mixed documentations (first picture !).
Third picture, I know this nice place !

Thanks
Ivashkin, Chris and Sebastian!

I agree Sebastian, that looks like a very nice place!

So do I understand that the mine is buried pointing up, and that a probe extends vertically to be bent over by a vehicle, activating the detonator at the top of the tube that runs down the side?

Last edited: