What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identification please WW2 Italian?

JOHN LANDON

Premium Member
Any ideas ? I think its Italian ,clockwork and a propellor??P1010056.JPGP1010057.JPG

Attachments

• P1010061.JPG
    P1010061.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • P1010062.JPG
    P1010062.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Many thanks to all for such rapid identification.
Not really a good indentification.
I made search with my diver's team and it's an Italian fuze for underwater demolition charge (not exactly for SLC Maiale charge).
I don't know the designation.

The charge is placed under the ship.
The fuze works as soon as the boat reaches a certain speed.

Herewith an example of similar charge but with another fuze

ITALIAN CHARGE.jpg

Not really a good indentification.
I made search with my diver's team and it's an Italian fuze for underwater demolition charge (not exactly for SLC Maiale charge).
I don't know the designation.
Still a little confused ,but makes more sense thanks for reply

The designation is not known, this is the second model of this fuze in production from late 1943, first specimens recovered at Leghorn after the failed GAMMA attack of Novemebr 1944. The charge of this fuze is the "bauletto al Nipolit" (Nipomine, sabotage mine Type V), I believe everybody here knows the machinable Nipolit (HOLTEX).
The first model pre 44 used to belong to the normal "bauletto" and it can be identified externally by the color of the graduated disc (black instead of white) and by the thread of the detonator cap (male instead of female). The producer of the clockwork is Borletti, the producer of the case is not known.
By setting the graduated disc that reppresents the propeller's revolutions it was possible to activate the clockwork (10hrs fixed delay) when the ship left the place where the charge was placed, it was devised to hide the activity of the agents working from neutral countries such as Spain and Turkey (check out Luigi FERRARO).
I don't think this model is RADIOACTIVE as the numbers of the disc seems just engraved. Thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• V.jpg
    V.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 19