What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IDs for fuzes please

Number 5 from the left (the small one) is for the 2 Pdr Pompom AAA gun HE projectile. It was copied by the Japanese for use on 2 Pdr guns sold to them by Britain.

Picture 3, all fuzes are numbered as seen on fuze, picture 4 thats a British no.119 fuze.

The first two are no 80. Used in 13pr and 18 pr. The second of the two has an adapter to fit in a 18pr Shrapnel shell.
Cheers
Gary

and the 390s are time fuzes for use with tank and mortar bomb smoke rounds. They will be dated post 1955 as they have the blue anodised cap.

Of the last two, the right hand fuze is a No. 117. What are the markings on the left hand one?

TimG

The small fuze on the right is probably a No.125 Time Combustion and was used in the 2Pr PomPom as Hazord said and was also used in the naval 6Pr.

I did my AT course 1978 - 1980 and the 213 and 390 fuzes were included in 1979 as still current, although they may have been obsolescent. I have a feeling that many of the conventional fuzes were superceded by the L116 Multi Role Fuze, introduced in the 1980s.