What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you go down to the garage today.....

waffenamt

Well i certainly was in for a big surprise!!!

I just got back from a bit of a mission tha cost me the best part of the last 24 hours(long story,another time) but alls well that ends well!...
Opened the garage and there was a package from Germany...Only 4+ months late but better late than never i guess?

They are the missing type 41a's and the type 67 SD2 butterfly bomb fuzes that i was flapping about in another topic about being ripped off again..
Now,ive to PM a few of you lads to see if the arrival was anything to do with your intervention or word got back to this guy somehow or other?
Either way,thank you.

W

Attachments

• S7004742.jpg
    S7004742.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 104
  • S7004743.jpg
    S7004743.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 153
  • S7004746.jpg
    S7004746.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 132
  • S7004751.jpg
    S7004751.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 123
  • S7004753.jpg
    S7004753.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 119
I have to sift through this lot tomorrow but first guess is that there are quite a few 67's in there in much better condition than this. :)

W

Attachments

• S7004749.jpg
    S7004749.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 52
Yoiu see Waff, do not blame the guy i think DPD put it somewere and forgot to deliver, or its such a big mess in yout garage that the box has been standing there for 4 months, hihihihi

Yoiu see Waff, do not blame the guy i think DPD put it somewere and forgot to deliver, or its such a big mess in yout garage that the box has been standing there for 4 months, hihihihi

:xd: Hi Ben,
I deffo reckon the fellow is to blame.DPD are usually prompt plus i had been watching the sellers egun feedback and it had gone terrible over the last few months.
A shame really as we had some super deals in the past.
Yes,i also know the garage in is in a mess but this package was at the front.:xd:

W

Hi Paul Just wash the mud and crud off dont blast them , its amazing what comes up with soap and water , ive had really muddy items come clean with just a nail brush and elbow grease

Hello Waff! Also I have one from this Spitzbube Fuze over EGun bought. Also wanted me it would amount to! There I have it with the police GET blanks and see there, after 4 weeks had I the fuze!!!! Thus caution with the cheat from EGun name is Haballes Willalles. Gru Harry

Hi:
Paul, just check the dates on the parcel and you will know its history. I believe that your seller is the same seller than Harry. I have dealt with him many times out of the site and always without problems, so maybe now he has a problem. Last email from him was with his wife going to hospital for a medical test, since then no more emails from him.

Well Gents,at least the parcel arrived i suppose,better late than never!.
I have had a few good deals with this fellow before and no problems.
However,i had sent many emails and not got a response.

Now,to clean these up,they are deffo going to the glass-bead blaster.
have alook at the result of a 41A after careful treatment.I think they are beyond soap and water as there is baked on crud from where they were buried.

W

Attachments

• glass beaded fuze 1.jpg
    glass beaded fuze 1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 52
  • glass beaded fuze 2.jpg
    glass beaded fuze 2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 46
Paul just soak them in hot water to start with honestly it s amazing what comes off .

Cheers chaps,
Ive had a long discussion with my pal who is in on the deal and we both agree they are to be glass-bead blasted as the 67's are too much crudded after an inspection today.

W

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :tinysmile_cry_t4: Beer is for drinking :tinysmile_shy_t:

soft brush the soft brass type and Gently Bently does it,

Regsrds
Nick

P.S I'll pop round to help with the Beer :)

:xd: Cheers jeeensy.

They went in the post tonight on 24 hour delivery.I hope they dont take as long to my mates as they did to get here.......

W

Beer or Cocacola or Vinegar is better than bead blasting , it will take several years to get the Patina back after blasting .

Beer or Cocacola or Vinegar is better than bead blasting , it will take several years to get the Patina back after blasting .

Sorry Steve,years it is then im afraid as i aint intending going anywhere!
Ive tried a few times in the past with those cruddo's and im afraid they wont clean up.
Mind you,ive seen quite a few fuzes 'cleaned' up in collections and they look well.

W

Paul just soak them in hot water to start with honestly it s amazing what comes off .

Hi Steve
I have soaked these things in hot water cold water, oil, vinegar, soap,
and being made of alloy they are not pure metal but are basic elements
found in the earths crust ie they are composed of roughly 270 mineral types which is not good when they have been in the ground for 65 years
as the same minerals in the earth literally eat the metal,before adhering to it and consuming it.

How many fuses have you pulled lumps of crust of and found that there is a big crumbley crater underneath,normally white dust which is the mineral
reverting back to original form.

These things lost any patina when they were chucked in a crater and the best way i have found is low preasure glass dust which does not abrade the alloy and gets the detailing out without any loss of metal surface.
Once completed then being what they are they can be rubbed in machine oil which will be absorbed in the alloy and will patinate the metal.

Best