What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ill Rocket flare Flare

navyman

Hello all,
I've just recieved this inert hand held Rocket Flare, (thanks again SMLE), and am hoping any members have some information about it? The calibre is 1.5 inches, and designated L12A2, PSH 09/08 019. I would be particularly interested to see a drawing or section of one?
Cheers,
navyman.

Attachments

• Rocket flare 1.jpg
    Rocket flare 1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 81
Hello navyman,i only have this abandoned cutaway project dont know if its any help to you.
also the only drawing i have is of the L12A1 which appears to be different in the position of the ignition section.The L12A2 is further up the tube,but the drawing should give you the basic idea of how these function

Attachments

• P1000088.jpg
    P1000088.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 54
  • P1000085.jpg
    P1000085.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 1 l12a2 ilum flare hand.jpg
    1 l12a2 ilum flare hand.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 55
I have never used one of these but have used the old ones with the snap steel trigger mechanism on the bottom. Those were really fidly with gloves on or in cold with no gloves on. Seems a good improvement.

While we're on the subject, does anyone have a spare top cap for the L12A1?

Rob