What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm in doubt...

zix013

Hello everyone!

In the book by J. G. Veremeev "Landmines - yesterday, today, tomorrow", on page 16 (https://www.litmir.me/br/?b=194117&p=16), the author mentions French AT mines MID 36–03 and ESP 10–38 MF and says that they were delivered en masse to French army units at the dawn of WWII. He also states that a large number of those mines were unusable because they were not hermetic, so moisture penetrated the explosive charge based on ammonium nitrate. Below the paragraph are photos of both mines - on the left is the MID 36–03 and on the right is the ESP 10–38 MF. Searching further for information about these mines, I came across information that the Germans, after the occupation of France, seized a large number of these mines and give them their markings - Schwere Panzerabwehrmine (Mine Lourde Antichar) 420 (f) for the MID 36–03 mine, and the Leicht Panzerabwehrmine Mi-407(f) for the ESP 10–38 MF mine. Somewhere I also came across information that the British and Americans called the MID 36–03 mine "Waffle Iron".

I would like to ask members who are knowledgeable about this subject to tell me if the above information is correct and, if so, why the ESP 10-38 MF mine is called the Model 1936 in most sources when it seems logical to me, given their original name, that the name should refer to the MID 36–03 mine?

I would also like to ask anyone who has any information about the glass AT landmine T20, pictures of which were posted by US-Subs member 8th August 2013 (http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/86996-Random-Museum-Ordnance-Photos/page9). I have not been able to find anything on the internet...

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english...

Attachments

• Pictures from the book.jpg
    Pictures from the book.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 31
  • S.Pz.Mi. 420 (f).jpg
    S.Pz.Mi. 420 (f).jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Le.Pz.Abw.Mi 407 (f).jpg
    Le.Pz.Abw.Mi 407 (f).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 35
ces mines étaient chargées en mélinite , et non pas en nitrate d'ammonium