What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Impulse buying

SG500

Premium Member
You know what its like when you can't find anything and then just want to go home with something.................:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
I picked this one up today, well, I like it anyway:tinysmile_classes_t
Dave.

Attachments

• 19th November 2010 013.jpg
    19th November 2010 013.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 19th November 2010 014.jpg
    19th November 2010 014.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 57
Nice one Dave.:)
I would guess thats its a very nicely stamped Japanese(wartime) mortar or artillery fuze?
cheers
waff

Nice find. Especially over there. It's a Type 88 fuze, to be specific. Missing the gaine, but it's rare to find one with that in place. And probably best that you don't, what with the potential for encased energetic compounds.

Nice find. Especially over there. It's a Type 88 fuze, to be specific. Missing the gaine, but it's rare to find one with that in place. And probably best that you don't, what with the potential for encased energetic compounds.

Thanks, yes its got all the springs and things inside also, now back where they should be after 20 minutes fiddling around.

Dave.

This is the only one Ive ever been able to find. Someone chewed it up something fierce.:tinysmile_cry_t:

Attachments

• myonlyfuze 005.jpg
    myonlyfuze 005.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 34
  • myonlyfuze 006.jpg
    myonlyfuze 006.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 32
  • myonlyfuze 007.jpg
    myonlyfuze 007.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 33
What it goes to.

Attachments

• Jap mortar round.jpg
    Jap mortar round.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 37
  • Jap mortar round 2.jpg
    Jap mortar round 2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Jap mortarman.jpg
    Jap mortarman.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 21
I truly think that about 80% of what I get would fall into the impulse buying catagory. 1) see it 2) like it 3) ponder it 4) buy it. If that is not impulse, I don't know what is.........Dano

Some of the shows I go to you better get it or someone else will grap it right out of the front of you.
vinny :tinysmile_classes_t

Now Vinny, I was at that table at least 10 seconds before you! :wink: While I had my head in a box full of WW I French fuzes and morter rounds, Vinny cleared off the table! Wonderful WW I ordnance at yard sale prices. How do 15 mint condition French factory made instructional cutaway fuzes find their way into a "junk box" in Kansas??? Pat

I truly think that about 80% of what I get would fall into the impulse buying catagory. 1) see it 2) like it 3) ponder it 4) buy it. If that is not impulse, I don't know what is.........Dano

Dano, in this case it was 1) see it 2 ) like it 3) buy it, the ponder part didn't happen :tinysmile_eyebrow_t
Dave.

Hello Pat
I don,t blame you,I would not jump in out off respeck for our friendship.After all its just stuff.Realley neet stuff though.
Later Pal
vinny :tinysmile_classes_t

Hi Rick,

I have a reasonable idea that at sometime the body of your Type 89 has been disassembled and then reassembled with the body in the reverse position. If you take a look you should find the arsenal stamping on the body not far form the white band. The yellow band should be above the white band.

I just disassembled mine and reassembled mine with the body reversed without any trouble. The threads at both ends of the body are the same.

Cheers,
Robert

What it goes to.

Robert

Good eye. I will send your comments to the actual owner of this speciman for his benefit and to make the necessary reassembly correction. I used his photos as I don't have one of these in my collection. Yet.

Rick

:angel:............

Attachments

• Jmort 001.jpg
    Jmort 001.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Jmort 002.jpg
    Jmort 002.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Jmort 003.jpg
    Jmort 003.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 11