What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inendiary Colour Question

Weasel

Premium Member
Hi All,
At a local mobile museum show along with a load of other WW2 related bits and bobs i spotted this sectioned Incendiary with a two tone paint job. I have never seen this on another so i was wondering if it has been added since or were they ever painted ?
Best regards Weasel.

Attachments

• Incendiary 2.jpg
    Incendiary 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Incendiary.jpg
    Incendiary.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 69
Thank you Madbomber, thats the first one i have seen of those.
Best Weasel.

Seen one for sale on Beltring this year but also didn't know at that moment i think JC got it.

Hi Waff,
The tail fin in the pic is attached to a German one.
Best regards Weasel.

Here are a couple of the French models, similar bodies to the German, but very different fins.

Attachments

• DSC_0199.jpg
    DSC_0199.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0200.jpg
    DSC_0200.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 45
Before the start of WW-2 the Dutch Army Air Force bought German incendiary bombs type B1E. They where named “Vliegtuigbrandbom van 1 kg”. In July 1938 the bomb was renamed “Vliegtuigbrandbom No.2.” The colours of the Dutch incendiary bombs where exact the same as the German ones.
The training versions was also bought in Germany and was made of steel. The body was painted red with on two sides in black the letters EX. The name of the training version was “Oefeningsvliegtuigbrandbom van 1 kg”.

Interesting thread! Looks like one I piked up at Farnham recently. The shape and dimensions are identical to a standard B1 incendiary. Mine has feint TH 48 35 stamped on the body and 58-36 on the fuze.

Tony.

Incendiary German 11l.jpgIncendiary German 11f.jpgIncendiary German 11h.jpgIncendiary German 11g.jpgIncendiary German 11a.jpg
Incendiary German 11e.jpg