What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info needed please

hicky1300

Hi all
Got this little lot this week.
Very nice 2 pounder case to add to my assortment (got it from evilbay for 5) the headstamp has me wondering though - it is:
2Pr I & II GUNS & 9.5 IN. D.C.T ^ VAEL 1928 N (for navy?) EU in a square & LOT 61 aslso an I larger than the rest of the id. Primer is No5 IIN VAD 1/31 303 then VAD 2/31 - has the primer been re-loaded?
The projetiles are l - r
A 1 inch aiming in good cond - I have a couple of Nordenfelt cases without projs - any particular one this should go in?
20mm Hispano - Im sure it is HS as drive band is too wide for Oerlikon but it is hollow with rh thread insert in the base but no fuze & the base is hollow Tracer?
Next a 25mm stencilled TP BMO 12-88. This is solid steel with alloy tip 25mm Aden?
Last 30mm Stencilled MUN LO S LM-387 DM 28 30K UB. Stamped just above drive band DM1047 LOS LM 424 30K
Is this 30mm Aden/DEFRA? Again steel with alloy tip
DM & the UB means its German I know
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DCP02052.JPG
    DCP02052.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DCP02053.jpg
    DCP02053.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 59
OK - got off my lazy arse!
THe 25mm is an aden, got one, anyone want swap/buy?
The 20mm is Oerlikon but still need info & I think I need my eyes testing! Looking for case for this one.

ID on items

you are spot on with the 2 pounder case, short for Naval use and the 1" Aiming rifle projectile too.
The 20 mm is most likely for the Oerlikon Gun as it has that adaptor/Tracer unit in the rear (but unusual that!)
The 25mm is manufactured (sorry, was) by British Manufacturing And Research Company BMARCo at Grantham and would be a practice round for guns such as the "Bushmaster".

The 30 MM is indeed a 30 MM DEFA gun practice projectile.

Nice items to acquire.

Nice Aiming Rifle proj,Hicky,you mention a couple of Nordenfelt cases that you have,do these have dates on them? I've been bitten by the.303 bug in recent weeks,but I'm still looking out for odd cases etc for other items.

As far as I know,the 1" Aiming rifle and the Nordenfelt cases are identical,except that the latter are always dated.I've got a Nordenfelt proj in an Aiming rifle case that it doesn't belong in,if you've got a nice dated one,you could make me a happy chappie!!!

Regards Chris.

9.5 DCT - 9.5" Depth Charge Thrower (Mk II Thornycroft?)

Regards

TimG

Cheers for all the info gents.
Tim - nice! Its one I hadn`t got so now a good variety of HS`s & years in my collection -all I need now are some projectiles.