What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info needed

hicky1300

Hi Guys
The great sort out continues & with being house ridden for a few days took the chance to empty a few crates & found these.
Grenades not my thing but I know a little & have some thoughts!! So bear with me:eek:oh:
L - R 1st pic
No ideas on this one only ident I can find is 3.50 stamped on the top of the striker/plunger? Delay/fuse time I assume?
Next is a Flash/Bang. Top of spoon has a sticker with DELAY. Verzogerung ca. 0.5s.
Next two I thing are Russian/Eastern Bloc? 1st has DS-62. -67 .06 stamped in the spoon. 2nd has Y3PrM -65 & 61 in a double circle on the spoon
Next DM32 on the spoon & AF on the body with A elswhere on the body - Is this an early drill/training `pineapple`??
Last US MK - II 44 on the brass filler plug & some barely legible/complete writting on the top of the spoon. M22? 003? MC17???

2nd I know is a No 69 MKI
This is in very good condition with the red tropical crosses & the green Baratol or Amatol main charge. Base is embossed with NO69 I D.L.R 40
All in very good condition & the safety pin lanyard assy is in excellent condition.
Thought I`d take a pic of it stripped.

Cheers in advance for time/help (as ever):xd:

Attachments

• DCP01996.JPG
    DCP01996.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 115
  • DCP01997.JPG
    DCP01997.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 89
Look at this link
http://www.inert-ord.net/ger03a/gerhgr/343/index.html

M23-features.JPG

Last edited:
Hi

The first one is a Danish M 1923 as already Identified
the flashbang I am not sure about
the next with DS62 is East German, at least the fuze is
the next is Russian manufacture
The next is a West German DM28 I think, copy of the Mk2A1 but a drill/practice version
and the last you know although the brass filler plug doesn't seem right, I am not aware that the US used brass for the filler plugs.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Second item is a NICO 9 bang stun/distraction grenade. Used by many countries worldwide in various forms. Tony.

Cheers for all the info chaps
If anyones interested this lot including the 69 (grenade!!) are for sale/swap as I am determined to limit my collection - that`s my NY resolution!! Honest