What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info/Photos on UK Flash Bangs

Eodtek

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Gents,

Yet another question posed to me so I come to some of the smartest collectors I know :xd:

I'm looking for photos or drawings of UK police or military Noise Flash Distraction Devices (Flash Bangs). Also if anyone knows the manufacturer websites that would be a great bonus.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

hi mike.

here are some pics. of a schremuly flash/bang.

sorry i don`t have any info on the granade.

kind regards. RNLMC.

Attachments

• DSCF0767.jpg
    DSCF0767.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF0768.jpg
    DSCF0768.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF0769.jpg
    DSCF0769.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 15
9 bang

Here's one I picked up at Chatham on Sunday. I'm told it was used by the SAS.

Attachments

• 9-bang.jpg
    9-bang.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 49
Bang no flash

Hi, here is a picture of a 6 bang(no flash) practice grenade,yes the sas do use the grenade in your picture but so do other members of the big green bus company! It is the same as WW2 German webb tropical equipment,when for sale always labled to the Afrika Korp when in fact all units/regiments were issued this equipment when serving in tropical locations,probably to "bump" the price up
Tony

Last edited:
Hi, Here’s another couple of Brit Flash Bangs. I have no information on the big one, between the two CS grenades. It may have been initially designed as a battle simulator. Cheers

Attachments

• bang for BOCN.jpg
    bang for BOCN.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 29
  • British Assault Grenade Flash Bang small.jpg
    British Assault Grenade Flash Bang small.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 25