What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

insurance for collection

bazooka chris

Hi

Does anybody know which is the best company to insure my collection with ?
Our house insurance is up for renewel at the end of the month and they now won't insure my collection due to there company guide lines so got to change companys so which is best for a combined insurance ?
or is there a seperate company i can just insure my collection with ? and then carry on with my current house insurance ? cheers

from Bazooka Chris

Damned good question pal.
Ive read similar threads in other forums globally and its a bit of a 'grey area' im afraid.

best

waff

Agreed Value

Chris it is like the moment you mention "inert Ordnance" or even "militaria" they all switch off and decline your insurance !

You may well end up having to insure your collection in its own right as a separate policy from anything to do with your household policy, and you will need an "agreed value" policy that will be very difficult and needless to say be expensive to acquire:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Good luck in your hunt for an open minded insurer-there might be ONE out there!

Hi ya

Yes I think i may have to go the seperate policy route so what companys are there to do that with Then ?
So does this mean pretty much everybody on here hasn't got there collection insured then ? Cheers

from bazooka chris

i thought mine was insured with house contents did not say i had inert ordanace just give them a figure of 85000 for everything

regards lee