What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iranian fuze for PG-7 variant

EOD

Does anybody happen to know the fuzing for this Iranian PG-7 variant?

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8494/pgirannadercc0.jpg

It does not have the nose piezo and I wonder now if the fuze might be a more simple impact fuze (in the base) or if it still is an electric fuze (double hull nose cone) but with a power source in the base fuze.

Attachments

• pgirannadercc0.jpg
    pgirannadercc0.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
If I recall it depends on when it was made. In that either a battery or a capacitor is used to hold the firing charge. When fired there is set back that impacts a piezeo crystals. Upon impact the outer windshield is pressed against the inner cone and completes the circuit firing the warhead. Wish I had more, but I remember the 2 different elements to hold firing current, no self destruct and the crushing of the outer shield to the inner. I also think the Iranian name for it is the Nader

Thanks for the info Mike! So the piezo system they have will give a much longer shelf life. I came across several names for that one in the web. It seems too little is known on the background of these.
Anybody here who has schemes of the fuzes?