What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iraq 2005

brit plumber

Ordnance approved
Hi Chaps, this is my first real post on the forum, I thought I'd post some photos of my time in Iraq. I cant remember what the rounds are, I think these were 120mm White Phos rounds. This was the last dem of the day, we had done 3 other dems before this, the concrete structure was a emergency water tank on a disused (But littered with UXO) ammo compound. When we started the place was intact, when we left there was a little bit of concrete left.

Prior to this dem, we had destroyed over 40 155mmHE rounds and about 80 120mm mixed white phos and HE. The liquid white phos would slosh around the shells due to the extreme heat, we twitched at first because the markings were erased and we were thinking these may be chemical shells. Thank god they wern't!

You will notice a black rectangle on one of the pics, this was a item we detroyed on behalf of the RLC and I cant show that item.

CNV00010.jpg

CNV00023.jpg

CNV00022.jpg

My driver got run over by a warrior

CNV00021.jpg

Hi Chris,
Fantastic pictures, thank you for sharing them with us it's always really interesting to see what is involved in these tasks and how things are disposed of.
Best regards Weasel.

Nice, nice, nice, very nice, Man. Thank you for take the time on post those pics. If you have more you already know what to do with them. :tinysmile_grin_t: